Friday, January 23, 2015

Dreaming of blank walls and bacon

Although we're not moving into our new house until April (granted everything goes smoothly from here on out - so far, so good!), I'm getting antsy to get started on decorating the new place. Dude, I haven't even moved my millions of boxes of crap into this teeny tiny house, and already I want to add to it.

Yep. I have a problem. And I'm a-okay with that!

So, when I heard from the good folks at Minted, it was perfect timing to feed my future new home decor planning addiction. For those not in the know, Minted is an online marketplace of independent artists and designers. Those of you who know me well are well aware that I'm all about supporting artists and other talented professionals directly, and this is a super awesome way to do it. Plus, this way you can get something that's one of a kind while not burning too much of a hole in your pocket (because, as we're saving up for a house, I can totally use all of the money-saving tricks I can get).

I trolled around the site, which is fairly easy to navigate, and located quite a few gems - I had a hard time narrowing it down to just these! I do wish there had been more pop culture art to choose from, though (like Star Wars, some of my favorite musicals, etc...I guess it should really be called "Nerd Art").

Note: prices on these vary based on size; from what I've seen, the prices for the art prints themselves are pretty reasonable for what you get. 



I honestly don't know why I like this one so much. I think it's the colors - they're muted, yet somewhat playful. I don't think art has to be obvious to speak to you, does it? Price varies 





It's a deer! It's geometric prints! Put them together and you have something pretty damn cool! I can totally see this in my living room. Or my bedroom, weirdly enough...




This is one of my favorites - it reminds me of Autumn, which is my all time favorite season. I feel like the geometric shapes are leaves blowing in the wind. Let's just say: this piece moves me.




Although my city dwelling days are behind me for the time being, I'm still definitely a city girl at heart. When I first saw this piece, I was immediately transported back to my days living on the north side of Chicago. Thooooose were the days....



I know what you're thinking: compared to the others, as well as knowing my personal taste in art, this one is pretty run-of-the-mill. Honestly, I don't even know why I like it so much - my brain tells me it's just another picture of fog over some mountains, but for some odd reason when I look at it, I relax and find myself staring at it in breathless wonder. I guess the heart wants what the heart wants.



Before we move into the new house and make it pretty, we're having a last hurrah at our current place to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (as in, from when we first started dating. In college. Like, I was a teenager when I started dating my husband. Freaky.). And get this - to celebrate, we're hosting a bacon-themed party. Which means that Minted's new Save the Date Collection may come in handy....

Anyone else have a bunch of blank walls they're dreaming about decorating? Any other crazy people out there like Brian and I who have been together for a decade (or longer)?!


Full Disclosure: Compensation for this post was provided by Minted. Opinions expressed in this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment